top of page

Contacting Government Officials

Updated: Feb 10, 2021

Facebook thread here

You can’t get through on the EDD phone lines, any of them, the calls backs aren’t happening as promised, and the in-mail messages to the EDD go unanswered. Some applicants have success with assistance from their government officials. Below are links to help you find your representative so you can contact them for help with your particular issue. Speaking from personal experience, this worked for me. I was able to locate my State Assembly Member (specific to my address), contact her office and within a few days one of her staff members reached out to me to offer assistance with my claim.

Senate (Federal)

State Representative

  1. Click the link below and enter your address to find your local representatives


  3. Click your state assembly rep.

  4. Click the "contact (rep name)" button

  5. Fill out the contact form. Under "select an issue" select "assistance required w/ EDD" (if you have that option)

  6. Make sure you include your EDD Acct #!!!


Subscribe at the bottom if you want to be e-mailed updates.


Tools & Resources:

NEW: direct Unemployment Guru Help

We are now servicing people who have claims that have been stuck for months or those who need assistance with appeals. If you have other questions you can ask in our forum which we check periodically.

Tools & Calculators

Unemployment Gurus has tools and calculators to figure out those really confusing questions:

  • How much can I earn and still qualify for the FPUC $300 from the new stimulus?

  • Do I qualify for FED-ED?

  • How much will I get if I work?

  • What is my standard base period?

  • Do I qualify for LWA?

  • Am I eligible for UI?

Preview tools here



Are you missing unemployment benefits?

We've helped thousands get the unemployment benefits they deserve. For just $25, schedule your 30-minute consultation now.

Latest Blogs

bottom of page